Erich W. Merrill, Jr., joined Miller Nash Graham & Dunn in 1983. He regularly works with company management and founders to collaborate on corporate policy and strategy, entity choice and formation, raising funds from investors, negotiating and writing contracts, sales and acquisitions of businesses, and intellectual property protection and licensing.
Erich has recently:
- Counseled clients in the acquisition or sale of businesses in the United States and internationally, with transaction sizes from $2 million to over $300 million
- Conducted preferred stock, debt, and convertible note offerings ranging from under $1 million to $15 million
- Assisted clients seeking angel-level and venture funding
- Represented companies raising funds through Internet-based Rule 506(c) offerings
- Represented investors in preferred stock financing rounds
- Advised clients on conflict-of-interest policies and other corporate governance matters
- Prepared employment, distribution, co-branding, nondisclosure, sales representative, and equipment acquisition agreements
- Negotiated and drafted multimillion-dollar computer software license agreements
- Registered client brand names as trademarks in the United States and abroad
- Helped clients halt or avoid infringement of copyrights, trademarks, and patents
- Prepared franchise agreements and related disclosure documents
- Participated in client board meetings either as counsel or as corporate secretary
Before going to law school, Erich worked for Bell Laboratories in Whippany, New Jersey.